Monday, March 27, 2017

Chrstina Ricci Reflects on Childhood

Christina Ricci recently sat down for an interview with Net-a-Porter's The Edit. Here are some of the highlights:

On growing up in Hollywood:
“I did things in public that were so ill-advised. I’m so thankful there was no social media back then. My publicist never had a child, I believe, because she had promised her firstborn to so many journalists to squash stories about me. But I had no sense of reality, because I was plucked out of reality when I was eight years old.”

On her life now (she's married, and has daughter Freddie, 2):
 “My life is mainly play-dates...Marriage shows you your flaws in how you deal with things, and having a child forces you to grow up at the speed of light. I’m a completely different person than I was before I had my child. Because I was so celebrated for being a child, I think I held onto that immaturity for a very long time. It was the thing that made me special. Then at a certain point, like, 35, it’s not so special to be immature.”

On Zelda Fitzgerald:
“Zelda and I share a lack of forethought. People call it bravery, but it’s not; it’s a total lack of consideration of the downsides. She made a lot of choices early on that were easy, and then she paid for them later...Her life in small-town Montgomery was a lot like being a child star, then she became even more famous when she got to New York. That kind of fame definitely cuts you off from what’s expected of you.”

On going blonde:
“I’d secretly wanted to go blond for a really long time. I actually wear a lot of wigs in Z..., but I used it as an excuse, and I’m shocked by how much I love it. It’s like the way little girls love sparkles – it’s just such a pretty color.”

On her need for order:
“There’s so much downtime with being an actor, that if you don’t create structure and routine for yourself, you will lose your mind. I write packing lists, I check things off, I get to the airport early. That’s who I am.”

Read her full interview at The Edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment