Thursday, February 23, 2017

Paris Jackson Talks Career Aspirations

Paris Jackson is one of the cover model's for CR Fashion Book Issue 10. Inside the magazine, she talks to Lee Daniels about her career aspirations. Here's what she had to say:

LEE DANIELS "So what does Paris Jackson do?"

PARIS JACKSON "Right now I’m doing the modeling thing."

LD "Well, you got the eyes and the height."

PJ "I’ve always wanted to try out acting, but maybe in a couple years. I really believe in activism and I want to do bigger things."

LD "Do you believe that’s even possible in the world today?"

PJ "Yes. I think right now a lot of people are really, really angry. And there are two ways that things can go: it can go really bad, or we’ll see that the “man,” the government, is not doing what it’s supposed to do, and we’ll take it in our own hands. Millennials, people my age, we’re going to run the country in the next few years. We can make this country what we want it to be."

LD "I guess my question to you is: is there time?"

PJ "I’m hoping that this year my generation will get to a point where we will rise up, not in a violent way, but start pushing for more liberalism. This happened with same-sex marriage. We pushed so hard for equality and it happened."

LD "I know you have a tattoo in support of Standing Rock."

PJ "Yes, it’s on my ankle. A member of the Sioux tribe, who is an activist and was protesting the pipeline, made the design."

LD "Who is or was an artist, in any medium, who speaks to you?"


PJ "John Lennon. I have his face tattooed on my arm, and the lyrics of “Imagine” in his handwriting. It says, “Imagine all the peace.”"

LD "If you could live and create art, music in any era—"

PJ "Probably the ’60s or the mid-’80s."

LD "Mid-’80s was everything! But I’m curious as to why the ’60s?"


PJ "Earlier, when I mentioned people rising up and pushing toward equality, the ’60s was the time where even the artists were rising up and creating love instead of war. That’s what I want to do with my art. I want to do what they were trying to do in the ’60s."

Readl the full interview at CR Fashion Book.

OMG, can we set Paris Jackson up with Jaden Smith?!

No comments:

Post a Comment