Monday, January 16, 2017

Catching Up with Jason Momoa

Jason Momoa recently sat down for an interview with The Hollywood Reporter to talk about his upcoming projects. Here's what he had to say:

On his career trajectory:
"I haven't been an actor who's been able to pick and choose roles, and being a family man, it's been about putting food on the table. This has been the best moment of my career because the superhero roles are letting me get the other roles I want...You get a lot of respect for Game of Thrones, and it was a lot of fun to play, but it didn't help my career a lot because Khal Drago doesn't even speak English."

On his character in the Netflix series Frontier:
"He's half Irish and half native, as am I, so it really resonated with me. When you find out that he's lost his family, when you pull back each layer, it was a beautiful place to go as an actor. I've never played anything like that before."

On Aquaman:
"I knew I had the role in late 2012 or early 2013. I was trying to get any role I could, and not having much luck. So, knowing what your future is going to be in the next five or six years and having to keep your mouth shut is brutal."

On what's next:
"I would love to do comedy. I can't wait to be in a tracksuit in an office space, not covered in blood — and with my clothes on."

No comments:

Post a Comment