Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Ashley Graham talks Beauty

Ashley Graham is on the cover of January's British Vogue. Here's what she had to say in the accompanying interview:

“For 10 years I’d been told I was always going to be a catalogue girl, never a cover girl. Well, I got with IMG and did five covers in a year, boom, boom, boom. See, if you have a pretty face doors will open, but your job isn’t just to walk through them, it’s to get invited back. Look, I hit the beauty jackpot, I get it, but that’s not enough, you’ve got to have more to have longevity in this business. It’s always been, ‘OK, so what can I do now?’"

On being a "plus-size" model:
“When we’re supposed to be talking about diversity for women, it feels so divisive and purpose-defeating, giving us yet another label. Do I sometimes wish I were thinner? God, in the old days, absolutely I did, but now I feel that to lose weight would be disloyal to myself. A lot of who I am is connected to my size, and I am so happy with who I am.”

No comments:

Post a Comment