Monday, September 26, 2016

Nick Jonas Reflects on Complicated Year

Nick Jonas recently sat down for an interview with Wonderland Magazine. Here's what he had to say:

On his new album, Last Year Was Complicated:
"I am way more connected to my music when it comes from a personal place, and so I wanted to find a way to present those stories and lay them out. I really want to see this music resonate with people. It's helped me learn a lot about myself. I think vulnerability on any level, and having the confidence to dive into areas of your own life that are tough to speak about at times, is incredible."

On hazing (Jonas stars in the new Frat movie GOAT):
"I think it's a conversation that is important in this moment because there's so many of these stories in recent years of young men pushing each other to a point where it's all just so dangerous. And at the center of the film, as far as themes go, is masculinity: and what that looks like at 16, and the pressures forced onto these young men, and the stakes that become so high. So being able to tell that story in a way that feels very grounded and very real, and starting a conversation, was important."

On the LGBT Community:
"I'm totally aware of my intentions in any and all of my attempts to be an ally to the LGBT community: they are pure, and from my heart, and from my passion to be there for a community that's been there for me from an early age. I've made so many great friends belonging to the LGBT community, and some of the most talented men and women in the community I'd like to pay my respects to. The positive impact is 10 times more important than the negative comments." 

On how he balances his personal and professional lives:
"I think I have a balance of it. I accept and understand that my circumstances and my life have been pretty unusual, to a certain degree. But also embracing it as my normal, I've gotta grow, make mistakes, in the way that everybody else does, only with a few more eyeballs on me. I don't think like it's been forced, and it feels like I've grown naturally."


No comments:

Post a Comment