Monday, August 22, 2016

Words of Wisdon from Jaden Smith

Jaden Smith recently sat down for an interview with Variety, where he talked about his new Netflix musical drama series The Get Down. Here's what he had to say:

On what he said thought when Baz Luhrman, director of his fave movie The Great Gatsby, told him about The Get Down:
"I knew I was going to say yes."

On his style:

“I’ve always been super-duper fly and super-duper different. People just start caring when they have a reason to start caring.”

His style icons are listed as Andy Warhol, The Joker, Poseidon, and Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

On his clothing line MSFTS:
“It’s pronounced ‘misfits.’ I took the ‘I’ out of ‘misfits’ because we’re a team and there is no ‘I’ in team. It’s a place for the lost kids and everyone to go, and something for them to have. [It's for] the girl that wants to be a tomboy or the boy that wants to wear a skirt, and people try to condemn. We’re here for you. Tell us your stories. If someone at your school’s trying to pick on you, it doesn’t matter because Jaden Smith’s got your back.”

On JUST water:
“It’s a bottle of water that has 74% less CO2 emissions than any of its competitors.”

On who he credits with his strong sense of self:
“My parents, of course. My parents told me that the world was harsh and that we had to be strong within ourselves.”


No comments:

Post a Comment