Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Scott Eastwood Talks Dating

Scott Eastwood recently sat down for an interview with GQ Australia, where he talked about why he doesn't date much. Here's what he had to say:

On the last time he cried:
“I dated a girl a couple of years ago who died in a car accident. The fucked up thing is, it was a fender bender, and there was a recall on airbags. Her airbag exploded. It shot a projectile through her body. It split her spine, and um... I’ve never told anybody that. I’ve lost friends before; I’ve lost some great friends. But, I had never lost someone I had been really intimate with, you know, like in that way, in a relationship. I think that really affected me in a way that... I don’t know. Maybe it’s made it harder for me to date. I still never called her father. I still haven’t found the right words.”

On his current dating MO:
“I’m going to meet my future ex-wife next week...It’s easy to fall in love when you’re young, right? And then you start to realise those feelings of love and stuff, passion, love, lust, sometimes they come very quickly, but they can also leave quickly....[When I was bartending] was probably the wildest time... It still beats out being in movies or whatever. It still beats out all that, a thousand times...The crazy thing about London is, it’s just the centre of the universe, the centre of like the EU [well, not so much anymore]. This is it. You get girls from Spain, you get girls from Croatia, Germany, Slovakia... yeah, everywhere, so it’s awesome. They’re beautiful out here.”

On Clint Eastwood's parenting style:
“I had taken my younger sister, who was, like, 14, to this party. I left, maybe to go get beer with the guys. And I left her and I didn’t think about it at the time. Later, Dad found out that I’d left her there. He popped me and said, ‘You don’t ever leave your sister at a party. EVER.’ And it was very old-school, very old-school of him. He wasn’t afraid. None of this new-age bullshit where you can’t even smack the kid because everyone’s afraid of being judged or whatever. That wasn’t the way that shit went down in that family... If you did something wrong, you were going to get punished. I learnt quickly – you don’t do that.”

On what pisses him off:
“Complainers, whiny little fucking brats. You just really want to knock them out and be like, ‘You lucky, lucky, spoilt brat. You’re full of yourself. You’re so lucky, I would love nothing more than to knock you out, to show you how much of a little brat you’re being...I just worked with an actor, a younger actor, you know, there were a few times I snapped on him. I said, ‘Get your arse over here! This is a job!’ And I could hear myself, after I said it, I could hear my father inside of me saying it, and I was like, ‘Oh my god, I’m turning into my father.’ You know, a lot of people aren’t raised like that anymore, where someone is able to put them in check and say, ‘Hey, stop acting like an arsehole, get over here, this is a fucking job.’ That’s how my Dad would’ve done it. There’s a little bit of that lacking in society today.”

Read the full interview at GQ Australia.


No comments:

Post a Comment