Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Courteney Cox Talks Breakups

Courteney Cox recently appeared on an episode of Running Wild with Bear Grylls, where she opened up to him about her breakups. Here's what she had to say, as reprinted by Page Six:

On Johnny McDaid:
“We were engaged for over a year and then we broke up. I didn’t know how to regard love the way he does. And it definitely made a lot of mistakes that I see, whether it’s co-dependency or people-pleasing. I didn’t know how to bring it in. It was always external. I definitely have learned a lot, and no matter what, I will be a better person from that breakup, even though it was so brutal.

On reuniting with McDaid after their split:
“It’s just … everything’s new. We have both really worked on ourselves, on the parts that needed the most attention. And it feels really different.”

On ex-husband David Arquette:
“I think that we were such good friends, we found ourselves leading separate lives and just co-existing and being great friends, but not having the intimacy that … is so important in a relationship. I think you really need to work in a relationship, and I think that we tried. We’re just really different, too. I’m the polar opposite of him. That can be great for a lot of things, but I need this kind of real, one-on-one connection. It wasn’t a dramatic ending … as divorces go, I would say it’s one of the better ones. For sure. We’re good co-parents together.”


No comments:

Post a Comment